By David Swanson, World BEYOND War, January 17, 2023
David Swanson is the author of the new book The Monroe Doctrine at 200 and What to Replace It With.
The Monroe Doctrine was and is a justification for actions, some good, some indifferent, but the overwhelming bulk reprehensible. The Monroe Doctrine remains in place, both explicitly and dressed up in novel language. Additional doctrines have been built on its foundations. Here are the words of the Monroe Doctrine, as carefully selected from President
By Free Press Network, January 15, 2023
In this recording of a webinar from January 14, 2023, David Swanson discussed his forthcoming book The Monroe Doctrine at 200 and What to Replace it With. See the 26:24 point in the video.
The Monroe Doctrine was and is a justification for
So, stop complaining about your damn emails!
By David Swanson, World BEYOND War, January 12, 2023
Remarks on RootsAction.org’s Defuse Nuclear War livestream on January 12, 2023. Video here.
Thank you for all for being here and for including me.
We know the risks. They’re no secret. The Doomsday clock has almost nowhere to go but oblivion.
We know what’s needed. We’ve made a national holiday of a man who said he would oppose all nukes and all wars without any regard to whether it was popular, who said the choice was between nonviolence
I’m about to publish a new book called The Monroe Doctrine at 200 and What to Replace it With.
The book looks at the creation, evolution, and use of the Monroe Doctrine over the years since 1823, and proposes a radically different approach for the U.S. government to take with Latin America and the world. The book will be available soon on my website and from every store that sells books. And I’ll be available to speak about it at events online and realworld.
In fact, I’ll be
By David Swanson, World BEYOND War, January 5, 2022
1. Join an online celebration of the peace advocacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on January 12, with
- Reverend Dr. Liz Theoharis of the Poor People’s Campaign
- Pastor Michael McBride of Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft
- Judith LeBlanc of Native Organizers Alliance
- Daniel Ellsberg
- Khury Petersen-Smith of Institute for Policy Studies
- David Swanson of World BEYOND War
- Norman Solomon
- Hanieh Jodat – Moderator
2. Join in a week of actions wherever you are for peace in Ukraine, January 13-22. Learn more and find or create an event here.
3. Celebrate the anniversary of nuclear weapons being banned on January 22! Learn more and find or create an event here.
4. Make plans to be in Washington D.C. on February 19 for the Rage Against the
By ThinkTech Hawaii, January 4, 2023
Humanity’s Resolution for Peace on Earth. The host for this show is Joshua Cooper. The guest is David Swanson. In the New Year, it is time for humanity to make the ultimate new year’s resolution for peace on earth. World BEYOND War shares a message of advocating for abolition of the institution of war and offers a new way forward for people to unite for peace and justice.